Established in 1991, Innovative Travel Acquisitions, Inc. has a staff with over 35 years of experience. We can aid in all forms of proceedings regarding current agency value. Contact us for information on appraisals, GDS contract negotiations, per hour consulting.
Now that the ‘deal is done’, I wanted to thank you for the fine work that you did in facilitating the acquisition of XXX.
D.K. Dallas TX
Thanks for your help Bob. We are glad that we used your firm and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone that asks. Your “targeted” approach in finding us a buyer (versus our other broker’s “shotgun” approach) really delivered results.
L.M.Food & Wine Trails
We have really enjoyed working with you, appreciating your very professional approach in a field left until now in the hands of people who do not understand the travel business and the complex, often irrational forces at work in the acquisition of travel agencies. The acquisition of other travel businesses will be an important source of growth for XXX, and we really hope to retain your services for future operations.
B.C.New York NY
Doug, the buyer you put together with us was a match made in heaven. I know this can’t always be the case, but in this instance, it sure just clicked. You are so good at the job that you took most of the stress out of the process. Thank you so much!
We appreciate your efforts in our recent merger of XXX and XXX. We are excited about our future and our growth opportunities. This merger would not have been possible without your contribution.
This is the perfect deal for Andrew Harper. You heard my priorities and executed flawlessly. Travel Leaders Group was the perfect buyer: Never would have gotten through this without your introduction and ongoing Counsel.
What are the most important things you should know about when planning to sell your agency or planning to buy one?
Based on my 24 years of experience in putting buyers and sellers together, I would say that the top eleven most important things to know are…
- The latest pricing trends in acquisitions of travel agencies.
- How you find buyers and sellers
- How to prepare your agency for sale
- How to evaluate your agency or an acquisition prospect
- Typical sale terms and conditions
- Whether to take a fixed price versus earn outs (prices based on future performance)
- How to protect the confidentiality of the process
- How to structure the deal to save on taxes
- The importance of due diligence investigations
- Terms for employing or retaining selling owners
- Legal traps for the unwary in the process